Senior Research Associate, Upstream Process Development
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best-in-class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a Senior Research Associate to join the upstream process development team. You will be working to develop and scale up new processes to support the transfer and production of Sutro’s custom reagents to internal and external Manufacturing sites.
- Support routine colifermentation development over a large range of scales (0.25L to 200 L). Analyze data and present results at technical meetings.
- Basic maintenance of laboratory equipment including fermentor, centrifuge, and homogenizer. Troubleshoot equipment-related issues.
- Prepare media and buffers. Generate cell banks. Perform routine sample analysis including optical density, dry/wet cell weight, metabolites, and SDS-PAGE.
- Manage raw material (chemicals and consumables) inventory and replenish stocks.
- Contribute to the authoring of SOPs and technical reports.
- B.S. in biochemical engineering, life sciences, or a related discipline with at least 4 years of process development and scale-up experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Understanding of microbial recombinant protein expression processes (fermentation, centrifugation, cell disruption).Significant experience with fed-batch fermentation expected.
- Hands-on experience with stainless steel fermentors, CIP, SIP, medium sterilization methods is preferred. Familiarity with process control loops and associated instrumentation is a plus.
- Experience with B. Braun/Sartorius fermentation control systems and statistical experimental design/analysis (e.g., JMP) preferred.
- Proven track record of excellent communication, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, customers, and collaborators.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.