Senior Scientist, Bioanalytics (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is expanding its bioanalytical capability in support of discovery and development projects. This creates an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced BA scientist to contribute to our oncology programs. The successful candidate will devise and carry out bioanalytical strategies for the quantification of large molecule drug candidates, biomarkers, and anti-drug antibodies in biological matrices to support drug candidate selection and development. This individual must be an expert in immunoassay/ligand binding assay method development, execution and troubleshooting using a variety of assay formats or technology platforms. S/he brings experience with working on complex molecules such as polymer conjugated proteins and antibody-drug conjugates. Fosters strong collaborations with Pharmacology, Medicinal and Protein Chemistry, Toxicology, and regulatory.#Li-DNI
- Review study protocols and advice on selection of matrix, anticoagulant and volume requirements.
- Devise bioanalytical strategies for large molecule therapeutic candidates and establish deliverables and timelines.
- Develop robust and stage appropriate immunoassays/ligand binding assays to measure concentration levels of antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, proteins, PEGylated molecules, biomarkers, and anti-drug antibodies in various matrices.
- Oversee and conduct bioanalytical sample analysis for non-GLP PK/PD/TK studies.
- Identifies key questions and implements as appropriate in-vitro systems and immune/biochemical assays to advance molecules from early concept through lead optimization to IND enabling studies.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and present DMPK/BA data to internal project teams, business development external partners and senior management.
- Establishes and manages CRO relationships as the principal investigator on studies.
- Authors DMPK/BA technical reports for IND modules, patent applications and publications.
- Stay current with the latest bioanalytical methods and technologies; identify, evaluate and implement the new technologies as needed.
- May serve as a functional representative on project teams including programs with partner companies.
- May assist with designing and implementing organizational processes, budgetary and capital equipment requirements, and identifies needs for additional resources.
- May manage junior staff
- Ph.D. in the field of biochemistry / cell biology / immunology with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Exceptional non-PhDs with demonstrated capabilities and/or significant experience (12+ years) may also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive expertise in immunoassay/ligand binding assay development, execution, and troubleshooting, and conduct of large molecule bioanalysis and quantification in biological matrices.
- Strong background on immunoassay technologies (ELISA (direct and indirect sandwich formats), Luminescence, Electrochemiluminescence (MSD)) and other biochemical assays (Gel Staining, Western Blot) to support preclinical PK/PD/TK studies.
- Knowledge and experience with mass spectrometric analysis and quantification of proteins is a plus.
- Working experience with antibodies, antibody-drug-conjugates (ADC), PEGylated molecules.
- Experience with developing automated sample handling and assay processes.
- Experience with databases, Laboratory Information Management Systems, and common analytical software packages.
- Familiar with large molecule pharmacokinetics and protein biochemistry and characterization.
- Familiar with GLP, GCP, Bioanalytical and immunogenicity guidance (FDA/EMA).
- A track record of writing technical reports to support regulatory filing, patent applications and publications.
- Superior managerial and communication skills and a team player mentality are expected
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.