Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a technical leader who will report to the Senior Director of Downstream Process Development. You will be working to develop new downstream processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop technical staff (within and outside of own group), in all aspects of downstream process development, including protein purification, conjugation and new technology development.
- Design and execute experiments to develop efficient, effective downstream purification processes.
- New technology development
- Author and review relevant technical documents, reports, procedures, manufacturing batch records, CMC sections of regulatory submissions (IND, INDa, BLA)
- Transfer downstream processes to Sutro’s manufacturing site, CMOs, and/or partner sites
- Represent Downstream Process Development on cross-functional teams
- Produce significant documents or publications (internal/external) supporting company policies and goals
- Present information and data in both written and verbal form
- PhD, MS or BS in chemical engineering, life sciences or equivalent.
- PhD with 6-8+ years or BS / MS with 10+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in protein purification (multiple modes of chromatography, depth & membrane filtration & ultrafiltration/TFF). Extensive knowledge of product variant and process-related impurity removal strategies expected. Strong chromatography experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in scaling up, transferring, and supporting purification processes from bench scale to pilot and/or commercial scale.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments, advanced data analysis, process validation and Quality by Design concepts.
- Experience with protein conjugation process chemistry and formulation is helpful, but not required.
- Strong ability in execution and driving for results independently.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills and able to work in a high paced team environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- At least 3+ years of experience supervising technical staff with strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with team members, partners, customers, and collaborators.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.