Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary team. You will be working to enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Sutro is seeking a shipping & receiving specialist to help manage a loading dock and general inventory of lab and office supplies.
- Ensure lab supplies are stocked. Finds alternative sources when supplies are back ordered. Maintain office supplies are well stocked.
- Scanning and sorting of incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Pulling, packing and stacking of materials in the warehouse.
- Help assign harmonization code to properly ship materials internationally.
- Resolve discrepancies with internal customers, vendors and accounting.
- Coordinate courier for inter-site shipment in the Bay area.
- Manage USPS mail sorting and delivery.
- Maintain continuous supplies of high and low pressure laboratory gases.
- Ensure SDS guidelines are followed for all shipments. Confirm received materials have proper SDS documentation and update SDS records accordingly.
- Miscellaneous Shipping and Receiving tasks and projects as assigned.
- Experience with Windows AX/Dynamic 365 or similar MRP/ERP software.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years work experience required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Able to work independently and within a team. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Able to lift 40lbs and use lift equipment tools to move heavier materials.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Undergraduate education in a business/scientific discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in shipping & receiving/or logistics in a SOX regulated environment preferred.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
Sutro Biopharma is committed to the diversity of our team and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.