Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for Senior Research Associate to join our Analytical Development group to support formulation development of monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates using state of the art chromatographic and biophysical techniques.
The candidate we are seeking will work within our Analytical Development group to participate in formulation and product development for phase appropriate liquid or lyophilized formulations for clinical products. The successful candidate will participate in activities in technology transfer to CMO’s. The position is expected to design, execute and document formulation stability studies and other experiments to support the robustness and validity of final formulation and lyo cycle parameters. The position will develop fit-for-purpose analytical methods for biophysical characterization, formulation and process development and stability testing. This position is expected to communicate experimental data both verbally at group, department and cross functional meetings and through written documents and reports that may be included in regulatory filings.
- MS or BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Solid technical skills and experience in pre-formulation screening studies, lyo cycle development/optimization, technical knowledge base with protein/peptide chemistry, biophysical/biochemical characterization of proteins, analytical method development and protein/antibody/ADC product development is essential.
- Hands-on experience and trouble-shooting proficiency in pilot scale or commercial lyophilizers as well as analytical instrumentation such as chromatographic (HPLC, UPLC, column chromatography), visible and subvisible particle analysis, capillary electrophoresis and/or biophysical techniques (UV-vis, MALS/DLS, DSC, CD, FTIR, AUC, Fluorescence spectroscopy) for protein characterization are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to design experiments and routinely generates new ideas and original research. High level of scientific initiative. May undertake collaborations with other disciplines. Highly autonomous requiring minimal supervision from manager.
- Able to cooperate effectively with cross functional teams, such as up and down stream process development, manufacturing and quality. Ability to quickly adapt to changes in project direction.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and relevant drug product development guidelines and regulations
- Familiarity with SAS JMP or similar statistical packages for data fitting and modeling is desirable.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects between departments in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and being detailed oriented are important attributes.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP and stock options.