Supervisor, Manufacturing (San Carlos, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Manufacturing Team. As a Manufacturing Supervisor you will support manufacturing operations by overseeing and performing a variety of activities with general guidance and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) while ensuring safety of the people, products, equipment, and facilities.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring process steps, observing control points and equipment and monitoring personnel and resources with an expectation of ~50% on-floor support.
- Creates, reviews, and approves batch records, standard operating procedures, media/buffer tickets, and forms.
- Applies broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical manufacturing assignments.
- Applies cross-functional process knowledge to other groups (e.g., Quality, Facilities, Validation, Materials Management, etc.).
- Nurtures cooperation and communication within Manufacturing team and other departments.
- Leads projects of moderate scope (may be cross functional or involve multiple teams); works on complex issues and is guided by expected outcomes; acts as an advisor/coach to mentor other team members.
- Develops and creates personal growth opportunities for staff. Resolves personnel issues by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Develops solutions and execution strategies in complicated or novel manufacturing situations.
- Ensures Manufacturing investigations concerning process deviations, CAPAs, change controls, etc. close by due dates.
- Networks outside of area of expertise; provides advice to ensure understanding of non-technical and technical matters.
- Represents the company in interactions with external customers and collaborators.
- Impacts the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in operational and technical areas.
- Involved in developing manufacturing schedule as it includes tech transfer and process development schedules along with future product deliverables schedules.
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in the biological sciences or engineering with four (4) or more years of experience and one (1) or more years in a leadership or equivalent role in a cGMP environment is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of cGMPs and possess a cGMP, compliance, and technical mindset.
- Working knowledge of either cell culture upstream operations or downstream operations (chromatography or tangential flow filtration) and buffer/media preparation operations and equipment. Spray dryer experience a plus.
- Experience in resolving production non-conformances/deviations, implementing corrective and preventative actions, leading improvement projects and initiatives, and validating systems/processes.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, and technical skills.
- Experience with single-use technology a plus.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and follow production schedules.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.