Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for energetic and talented individuals to join its multidisciplinary research and development team. You will be working to develop new processes to maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
We are now looking for a talented immunobiology leader who will provide operational oversight to our cell biology and in vivo pharmacology groups and be responsible for creating and delivering the translational pharmacology and preclinical development package that will support the advancement of novel therapies to the clinic. This individual will play a key role in elucidating new and evolving mechanistic understanding in immuno-oncology. Working alongside our industry-leading cell-free protein engineers and chemistry team, the individual will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of rapid and precise design for novel therapeutics.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Scientific Officer provide strategic leadership to evaluate new areas of opportunity to uniquely engage Sutro’s platform for new best in class therapeutics
- Plays a leading role in creating and evaluating new differentiated target product concepts and opportunities, harnessing Sutro’s unique design and production platform
- Provides operational leadership for the planning, management, and execution of new product opportunity initiatives, leading our cell biology, pharmacology, PK/PD, safety and toxicology studies for all therapeutics in our discovery and development pipeline
- Supports the advancement of all new development candidates to the clinic and beyond.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of all analysis, interpretation and reporting of data to support preclinical sections of regulatory filings including investigational new drug applications, drug master files, new drug applications and equivalent international filings
- Advise project teams and collaborate cross-functionally with lead generation, clinical, pharmaceutical development, CMC, commercial and external resources to establish and facilitate global development plans
- Cultivates an open and collaborative culture
- Builds and manages relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including strategic partners and consultants
- Champions new ways of meeting targets and/or goals; anticipates and plans for future issues or problems; facilitates the rapid transfer of best practices
- Develops and maintains responsive, motivated and efficient teams to ensure results orientation and continuous improvement; develops policies and procedures as appropriate
- Manages, coaches, and mentors direct and indirect reports
- PhD in a scientific discipline is required with post-doctoral training in immunology/immuno-oncology preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a pharmaceutical or a biotechnology organization, including significant experience in a leadership role
- Proven record of success in generating compelling proposals for novel lead molecule programs
- Experience with support of INDs , CTAs, DMFs, briefing packages, and amendments required during IND and CTA lifecycles
- Familiarity with both small molecule and protein based therapeutic discovery and development
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing, coaching and mentoring direct reports and building a group
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders, including, cross-functional partners, consultants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate viewpoints effectively to different functions
- Successful management of projects to completion meeting budgets and timelines
- Comfortable with setting strategies as well as taking a hands-on approach to operational direction and priorities
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.