About Sutro Biopharma
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to ADCs, bispecific antibodies, cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, and vaccines directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
Sutro’s proprietary and integrated cell-free protein synthesis platform XpressCF® and site-specific conjugation platform XpressCF+® led to the discovery of STRO-001 and STRO-002, Sutro’s first two internally-developed ADCs.
- STRO-001, a CD74-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for B-cell malignancies.
- STRO-002, a folate receptor alpha (FolRα)-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for ovarian and endometrial cancers.
- CC-99712, a BCMA-targeting ADC, which is part of Sutro’s collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb, formerly Celgene Corporation, in the clinic for patients with multiple myeloma and has received Orphan Drug Designation from the FDA.
- M1231, a MUC1-EGFR, bispecific ADC, which is part of Sutro’s collaboration with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, known as EMD Serono in the U.S. and Canada (EMD Serono),in clinical studies with patients with solid tumors, particularly non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.
- MK-1484, a selective IL-2 agonist, which is part of Sutro’s collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, in clinical studies as a monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab for the treatment of solid tumors.
- Immunostimulatory ADC (iADC), which is part of Sutro’s collaboration with Astellas Pharma (Astellas).
- VAX-24, a 24-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, Sutro’s platform technology enabled the spin out of Vaxcyte (Nasdaq: PCVX), in clinical studies for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease.
Sutro’s rational design and precise protein engineering has enabled six product candidates in the clinic.
What we Do
Sutro’s platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates. In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics.