QC Contractor (San Carlos, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for an energetic and talented contractor to join its Quality Control team based in San Carlos, CA. You will be working to support the daily operations of the Quality control group, while supporting the development of new processes which maximize our technology and enhance our internal and collaborative product development initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Support QC testing in-process, release, and stability testing on a routine basis
- Perform testing of analytical assays including HPLC, CE, icIEF, ELISA, Electrophoresis, UV spectroscopic based methods, and compendial methods required for the release and stability testing of raw material, in-process, and final products.
- Perform raw material ID method verification activities.
- Support sampling and testing of incoming raw materials.
- Perform data review and analysis (As needed)
- Support method transfer and validation activities through testing execution and document review
- Support qualification protocol and report generation.
- Assist in generation/revision of QC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support housekeeping and maintenance activities associated with the QC laboratory
- Support stability studies, pulls, and protocol review
- Interact and collaborate with Analytical Development, Manufacturing, and QA as needed.
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, bioanalytical chemistry or scientific related field with a minimum of 3-6 years of industry related experience or MS degree in the same fields as above with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, Electrophoresis, ELISA, UV spectroscopic methods, and compendial methods.
- Experience in a GMP Quality Control working environment is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with cGMP applicable to pharmaceutical settings and with method verification/validation concepts.
- Positive team oriented can-do-attitude.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced laboratory environment and adapt to changing assignments with flexible schedule.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
The anticipated salary range for fully qualified candidates applying for this role at Sutro Biopharma’s California based locations will be $90,000 – $110,000 (not including bonus, equity, and benefits). The final salary offered will be dependent on several factors that include and are not limited to relevant previous experience, job responsibilities and duration of experience, the type and length of experience within the industry and education.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.