About Sutro Biopharma
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to ADCs, bispecific antibodies, cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, and vaccines directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
Sutro’s proprietary and integrated cell-free protein synthesis platform XpressCF® and site-specific conjugation platform XpressCF+® led to the discovery of STRO-001 and STRO-002, Sutro’s first two internally-developed ADCs.
- STRO-001, a CD74-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for B-cell malignancies.
- STRO-002 or luvelta, a folate receptor alpha (FolRα)-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for ovarian and endometrial cancers
- STRO-003, a ROR1-targeting ADC, solid tumors & hematological cancers
- STRO-004, a tissue factor ADC, solid tumors
- MK-1484, a selective IL-2 agonist, part of Sutro’s collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, in clinical studies as a monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab for the treatment of solid tumors.
- Immunostimulatory ADC (iADC), part of Sutro’s collaboration with Astellas Pharma (Astellas).
- VAX-24, a 24-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, Sutro’s platform technology enabled the spin out of Vaxcyte (Nasdaq: PCVX), in clinical studies for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease.
Our innovative research and development has resulted in six product candidates.
What we Do
Sutro’s platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates. In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics.